Instruction in systems such a engines, fuel, on-board computers, transmissions, steering, suspension, and brakes is the basis for this program.
The Automotive Technician option provides knowledge of the various systems used to develop skills in troubleshooting, performing preventative maintenance, servicing and repairing automobiles. The program, which is designed to be completed in two years, prepares graduates for entry-level service technician jobs in the auto repair industry. The student may be provided a work-study experience alternating between periods of work on-site and work in a classroom-laboratory setting.
Associate in Applied Science
- General Occupational Technical Studies with student's plan of study in Automotive Technology.
- Automotive Technician: 67 credit hours
- Automotive Air Conditioning Mechanic: 4 credit hours
- Automotive Electrician: 10 credit hours
- Manual Transmission/Drive Train Technician: 5 credit hours
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Technician: 5 credit hours
- Brake Repairer: 5 credit hours
- Front End Mechanic: 5 credit hours
- Tune-up Mechanic: 25 credit hours
For program course requirements, consult the Automotive Technology Check Sheet.
There are no special admission requirements for this program. Please consult Maysville's general admission requirements.
You can complete the Associate in Applied Science/General Occupational Technical Studies degree in two years as a full-time student. Diplomas and certificates can be completed in less time depending on your class load.
For More Information
(606) 783-1538 ext. 66346
Maysville Community and Technical College, Rowan Campus-Morehead
609 Viking Drive
Morehead, KY 40351
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.